Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Our weekend!

Friday I felt God speaking to me. I have been thinking about a lot of things since Lee Roy has been out of work. I have felt like I need to do more in church and occupy my time with positive things and people. Friday night I joined my dad who has been asking for awhile in rehearsal for Praise team. FBC Colleyville has started a small spanish service on Sunday at 11 AM. Everything in this service is in spanish.. even all of the music. I grew up in both mexican and anglo churches as we moved between Dallas and Kansas City. So we practiced, songs that I hadn't sang since I was 4.. brought back beautiful memories of being involved in choirs since I was 4. From children's choirs at church to school honor choirs and church choir as an adult. One of the songs we practiced was so beautiful... Cuando Levanto Mis Manos.. translated to When I lift up my Hands.. It talks about Lifting your hands to Jesus.. We are and always will be his children. What does that small child do when they need or when they hurt or when they want to be held and carried? The child lifts their arms and hands to mommy or daddy... That is what we do too. We lift our hands to you father and we know you are there. To hold us, encourage us, walk with us.
Sunday Lee Roy and I woke up early and went to the 930 english service and then after that we went to the spanish service and it was beautiful. LR speaks 2 or 3 words in spanish but was determained to sing along to everyword. :)

0 comments: